News & Events
One Field, Many Paths: National Security Careers
Click on this link to sign up for the event.
Join the American University, School of International Service, Office of Career Development as they partner with Girl Security to host an open networking and panel discussion to talk about careers in national security.
This event will offer attendees the opportunity to hear the experiences of six women who have excelled in the field of national security and are members of the Girl Security network. They also happen to be AU alumni. The panel includes:
- Anna Gorodetsky, Global Assistance and Protection Intelligence and Analysis Manager at Accenture
- Demi DeBonis, Senior Business Development Analyst at Lockheed Martin Co.
- Gabrielle Chishinsky, Events and Strategic Communications Specialist at LMI
- Ann Mangold, Economic Officer, Office of Iranian Affairs at the US Dept. of State
- Simone Williams, Director of Programs at the Leadership Council for Women in National Security
- Marina Mansour, Director for Arabian Peninsula at Army Headquarters
Jorhena Thomas, Director of Mentorship and Professional Advancement at Girl Security, will moderate the conversation. A reception with complimentary snacks and drinks for all attendees will be held during the pre-event networking hour.
Meet fellow experts, students, and professionals in national security at this open forum event to discuss and explore careers in national security. Through honest conversation, open communication, and real experiences from the field, we aim to effect meaningful change in the security sector.
Girl Security is driving change in national security through education, mentoring, workforce training, and professional advancement into careers.